Monday, February 22, 2010

I know you listen But do you HEAR?

How many times have we listened to people talk and, when they were finished, didn't know anything they said? This seems to run rampant in my classroom. Today, a sweet girl asked, "Are we doing ABC order?". I replied "No do page so and so." Later I realized that the page was where we did ABC order every week....was I listening? NO. Today I handed out beautiful new folders, purchased by "MOI", to be used in Science. I specifically said, "DO NOT write on the cover of your folder!" So what happened 15 minutes later? A young man is busily drawing all over the folder. Was he listening? NO.
So now I wonder....how many times am I listening to people but never hear a word they say?

1 comment:

  1. I find my self doing that a lot. even if there is only one person in the room and they are talking to me.

    ReplyDelete